I have been absent from blogging for a few weeks. I have so much happening in my life right now, I had to make a smart decision and put my blog on the back burner for awhile. I’m now working two nanny jobs as well as doing event planning for a local bridal boutique. Our annual prom fashion show is in January and it’s just been chaotic trying to get the venue, dresses from manufacturers, companies to contribute for our silent auction, ect. Luckily I am able to have some downtime at my nanny jobs, but that is usually spent doing homework. It’s the last half of the semester so there are a lot of projects and tests happening. I can happily say I did register for my LAST semester before graduation and I only have 4 classes (huge relief)!
Rich and I decided to stay home for Thanksgiving so we are volunteering with an organization that takes meals to people who are not able to leave their house. Since we aren’t doing a big Thanksgiving, I have been in FULL Christmas mode! My tree is up and decorations are flowing! I’m also trying to get my mind in the right mode to start working out regularly again since we have our workout room finished at the house. It’s so hard even when it’s right there in front of you. Wish me luck!
Onto what this blog is all about…inspirational quotes! I’m going to post a few of my favorites that really keep me motivated.
- “Grateful for where I’m at, excited about where I’m going” I absolutely live by this quote! I have worked hard to get to this point in my life. I’ve gone on and come off of food stamps. I have worked 3-4 jobs at a time. I have worked 15 hour days on my feet. It hurts a little when people joke about how “easy” I have it now because Rich is here to help me and I am not working full-time. I try not to let that get me down because I know what I did to get to this point. I’m grateful for being here and I’m even more excited to see where I end up.
- “Even if you go for it and it doesn’t work out, you still win. You still had the guts enough to head straight into something that frightened you. That type of bravery will take you places.” You cannot make big life changes if you aren’t afraid to jump in and potentially make some mistakes! I have made plenty, but I am a better person because I’ve learned from them all. That doesn’t frighten me or keep me from pursuing goals! Keep pushing!
- “Say yes and you’ll figure it out afterwards.” Did I question everything when I quit my comfortable 40-45 hour a week job to go back to school and work part-time? YEP. Did I question everything when we bought our house knowing that I was only contributing $300 a week so I could spend most of my time at school? YEP. Did I question everything when I accepted 2 internships and 2 nanny jobs in the same week? YEP. You take chances and say “YES” then figure it out later. Everything happens for a reason and you are stronger and more capable than you think!
- “Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you’re doing.” Girl boss, you won’t know everything in the beginning. I accepted this event planning/social media marketing position and I haven’t even finished school yet. I know NOTHING about even planning. You better believe I walk in those doors every single day ready to exceed expectations though. I do my research on my own time, I write everything down, I ask questions, I ask for advice, and I lead with confidence. FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT LADIES.
- “Follow your dreams, not your boyfriend.” If you are a girl you have probably made a bad decision based on your current relationship status. Me, personally, I turned down a chance to go to college because of a boy. We visited the University, put down our deposit, and a month after graduation I backed out. Why? Well, my boyfriend of 5 months wanted me to move in with him. WHAT THE HELL 18 YEAR OLD CAROLINE! I will say, again, that everything happens for a reason. I was not mature enough to handle a college experience and if I would have gone away to school I would have never gone through what I did to get me to this point in my life. But, if you are handed an opportunity that you have been hoping, wishing, praying for…do not let your boyfriend hold you back or anyone for that matter!
- “You don’t get what you don’t ask for.” This one is from the OG #girlboss Sophia Amoruso. I am constantly looking for opportunities to learn or advance my career whether it’s blogging, interning, shadowing, or taking extra classes. I have taken many social media courses online to get extra knowledge. I went hunting for these two internships I have and I have joined so many networking groups on social media to see what the professional world is all about. I may not be ready to jump into the professional world full force, but when I’m ready I will be ready. Take initiative and don’t be scared to ask for help, opportunities, or anything! All they can say is “no”! I have messaged so many companies big and small asking about internship opportunities or advice. Have some ignored those messages completely? Yep. Have some responded and actually given advice or met with me? YEP.
- “Self care comes first.” PREACH PREACH PREACH. As Rich likes to say to me just about every week. “Don’t burn yourself out.” Like, boy bye, I got this. And I do, until I’m falling asleep with a face mask on while I’m researching vendors and lying in bed, glasses still on. Breathe. Yes, you are going to accomplish things, but you cannot do everything at one time. I’m the worst when it comes to taking some time to just chill. I want things done fast and I want them done now. I have learned to take Wednesday and Saturday nights to unwind and have a little “me” time. Whether this is an hour of netflix while Rich games or a face mask and a margarita. Just remember if you are unstable and scattered your work will be too.
- “Sometimes you have to give yourself a pep talk. Like “Hello, you’re a bad ass woman. Don’t be sad. You got this and I love you.” I like to think I’m a positive person 24/7 and I do try to be, but sometimes I get down. There are days where it’s really hard to get out of bed. I’m tired and cranky and I just want to eat my weight in carbs and cry. I am working so hard on being kind to myself and giving my body and mind time to relax. Just remember, you are a bad ass. It is okay to be sad sometimes, but you got this!
- “Love is meant to be an adventure.” Rich and I do not have a perfect relationship, but we work hard to make it a great one. There are times when we have to just call it a night because we are just not in a great place. I would never question our love for each other just because we argue sometimes. Every single day with him is an adventure. He is always surprising me and that’s what a relationship is all about. Keeping things exciting even when real life isn’t exciting.
- “Love what you do.” Plain and simple, really. If you work long hours on your feet and you hate it, why are you still doing it? If you work a 9-5 in an office cubicle and you hate it, why are you still doing it? I decided long retail hours, on my feet, dealing with customers and co-workers who just constantly complained wasn’t for me. I took the steps I needed to take to move in the right direction. You can do the same!